Everyone is talking about Hyaluronic Acid Serum, and for good reason.
It's a skin care for men product that’s loved by beauty gurus, aesthetic surgeons and converts around the world, with a following verging on the religious.
The concept of putting acid on your face may sound pretty extreme, but it’s not like that at all. In fact, rather than destroying skin, Hyaluronic Acid is actually something we all naturally produce ourselves already.
There’s bits of it knocking around (as molecules do) all over our body, but over 50% of it is in our skin. As we age, however, the levels of Hyaluronic Acid deplete, and that loss of moisture causes drier, rougher and wrinkled skin.
Hyaluronic Acid Benefits
There are almost too many skin-loving benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Serum to list in one post. But here's five reasons why you (and your skin) will crave this product after just a few applications.
1. It sucks and holds moisture into the deep dermal layers of your skin. One molecule of Hyaluronic Acid can hold 1000 times its own weight in water and nothing else comes close to hydrating your face in the same way.
2. It’s antibacterial. So if you get breakouts or pimples, it’s going to prevent them from spreading. Hyaluronic Acid is also an amazing wound healer, helping to heal, soften and smooth open spots and acne.
3. It enhances your skin's natural (lipid) barrier. This is made up of the fatty acids that occur naturally in our body that trap in water and prevent irritants from entering the skin. Hyaluronic Acid fortifies this barrier, protecting your skin from harmful toxins that can lead to UV damage, wrinkles and age spots.
4. It tightens your skin tone. As we age, the elastin in our skin begins to break down. When this happens, the skin on our faces loses its snap, or bounceback. And whilst Hyaluronic Acid Serum will not replace lost elastin, it will significantly improve the underlying moisture in your skin, helping to firm facial contours for a tighter, younger-looking complexion.
5. It stimulates skin cell regeneration. At age 25, it takes around a month for new cells to make it to the surface of your skin. This drops dramatically as we enter our 30s and beyond, when it can take up to three months for the same skin cell regeneration process.
So there you have it, five key reasons to start using Hyaluronic Acid on your face. To make our product even more epic, Mend Hyaluronic Acid Serum is blended with Green Tea (an antioxidant), Vitamin C (for brightening) and Jojoba Oil (to nourish skin).
And of course, just like the rest of our range, it’s packed full of good stuff. It’s organic, all-natural, cruelty-free and vegan-friendly.